Updating graphics card driver properly. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

general.rule

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I need help for the updating of the drivers of my graphic card "AOpen NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200". After the installation of Windows XP Pro I installed the drivers for my graphic card which was in the CD I got when I bought the card. First I browsed the CD and I found many kinds of drivers not knowing which is the driver for my card. However, every drivers had three versions to download and they were "Europe-Asia", "Australia-Asia" and "USA-Asia". Since this is the first time I am installing Windows as well as all the drivers myself my email would seems confusing to you but I wish to inform you everything so that you could better guide me. Any way I just reinserted the CD and its window popped up which said "All in one drivers" something like that and it began installing the driver for my card and successfully installed the driver. Now since that CD is old I wish to update the drivers of my card and I went to the Nvidia web site. There I found two versions for the current driver of my card. The first one was for "English US" 43.8 MB in size and others were all "English International" versions i.e. English UK, English India, English Singapore along with the other languages. The "English International" version was 70.2 MB in size as well as many other languages. However, some languages were 43.8 MB in size same as "English US". I use "English US" in my computer although I dont live in USA but in South Asia. But the thing comfusing me is why there are two sizes for US English and International English and in order to completely update my driver should I install both the versions one after the other? Or should I just install the English US version or English International version? Please guide me what to do? Also why there are so many language versions as graphics has nothing to do with language or if I install any English version I won't be able to view say the Japanese graphics. Please guide me as I am a newbie and ignore if I have asked something silly.:rolleyes: Thanks in advance.:)

ForceWare Release 169

Those should be your drivers right there. GeForce 5 series for Windows XP. Right from the nVidia site and more up to date than your CD drivers. Use those instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom