8800gts 512

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
What drivers are you guys using? When playing Crysis it get real choppy. Only certain parts, like when it goes into the story and everyone is talking and whatnot. I'm currently using 169.35. Sometimes even on The sims it'll do it.

Im using 169.42, and i cant even play the games for more than 20 minutes because i keep getting a driver failing error and then my computer hangs. Which is really cool.

This started happening recently but before I never had any problems with crysis. I have the same card as you.

Nice. Why don't you switch back to the old drivers. Which one was it before you started having problems. I want to try them also.

I don't think so. I set it back to 3ghz w/ 1.35 vcore which I know is stable as stable can be. It does it in The Sims 2 also.

I just got the card yesterday. I'm over at nvidia forums and it seems quite a few people have the same problems w/ drivers. I started to OC yesterday and stressing w/ 3dmark. I reverted back to default settings just to be on the safe side. I scored 11.6k . Does that seem right?

Nice. Why don't you switch back to the old drivers. Which one was it before you started having problems. I want to try them also.

i was fine before i updated to 169, so maybe thats the problem. im installing omega drivers right now so ill see how it works. I dont think its possible to switch back because the old drivers arent available on the nvidia site and i cant seem to find them anywhere other than torrents and i dont trust them.

Oh yeah one more thing, the system isnt overheating. I turned the GPU fan up and it runs around 55 C full load, and the CPU is running pretty cool too, around 43 C.

I'm using the thermaltake V1 CPU cooler with silver thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom