Building new computer - Need GPU and PSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
Okay here is a system I want build:
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...WishListNumber=8132146&WishListTitle=Number+4

I have my own DVD Drive just so you know. Here is where I need some help. First off I'm stuck on the Video Card. I was interested in that ATI Radeon because it has a 775 Mhz Core Clock, also it has 320 Stream Processors compared to the 112 Streams that the 8800 GT has.
Here's the list of my considered Video Cards: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

After that I have no idea what type of Power Supply to get. Nothing hopefully to expense but I hope you can future proof it a little so I can possible upgrade my video card in the future but it's not needed.

Next, how high can I overclock my CPU would you think with the cooling I have?

Last, is my case any good? I really don't want to spend a lot of cash on it.

Why should I rid the raptor? 10K RPM seems good? I have the ram because I wanted 3Gb of Ram. I'm fine with the fine the case if you think its an alright case. Lastly, do you have any reasoning of why I should get the 8800GT over the ATI and which GT should I get?

Get the ZOTAC one. I want that card. It's factory overclocked so it'll be faster then most gt's.

10k RPM's would probably be noisy-the cache isn't that great-and it's only like 1.5gb/s sata..most are 3.0gb/s

But I still don't understand how it beats the ATI when according to the specs it's inferior in every category?

Don't waste your money on factory overclocked cards; You can overclock them yourself and save yourself about $20-30.

Also, raptors aren't worth the price to storage ratio. You can get a 500-750GB SeaGate drive with 32mb (the 7200.11 series) of cache that'll perform just as well, unless those extra 2-4 seconds of program loading time is worth the extra price.

As for a CPU cooler: get a TRUE (thermalright ultra 120 extreme), and one (or 2) of these fans: Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme CPU Cooler for AMD AM2, Intel LGA775
Scythe SY-1225SL12M SlipStream 120mm Fan 1200RPM 69CFM 24dBA

And as for a PSU, one of the most recommendes ones around here is a Corsair 520hx.

Don't waste your money on factory overclocked cards; You can overclock them yourself and save yourself about $20-30.

Also, raptors aren't worth the price to storage ratio. You can get a 500-750GB SeaGate drive with 32mb (the 7200.11 series) of cache that'll perform just as well, unless those extra 2-4 seconds of program loading time is worth the extra price.

As for a CPU cooler: get a TRUE (thermalright ultra 120 extreme), and one (or 2) of these fans: Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme CPU Cooler for AMD AM2, Intel LGA775
Scythe SY-1225SL12M SlipStream 120mm Fan 1200RPM 69CFM 24dBA

And as for a PSU, one of the most recommendes ones around here is a Corsair 520hx.

agreed also I noticed you have two different types of RAM already in there, and mixing isn't the best idea, especially if they are different voltages and different speeds

but the PC Power and Cooling 610 is still cheaper than the Corsair 520hx and is a bit better with its massive 12v Rail

ya just get 4gb if you get 64-bit vista otherwise 2gb will last you until you upgrade your OS to 64-bit vienna or w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom