Kingston RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one older build here I went from 1gb of Corsair xms series memory to 2gb of Kingston Value Ram and saw better results. Why?

It wasn't the change of brand or type even there. In fact Asus sponsors Corsair on their own site while not seeing Kingston in their recommended list. Gigabyte and MSI will however.

The one other thing to note is that most 32bit games and apps were never designed to run on systems with more then 2-3gb of memory installed.

yea that's what i'm thinking..like most apps won't use all 4 cores so a quad isn't so special. so anyway way it goes I think the RAM will be okay.

eyecpc i can see u havn't built that many computers with kingston ram, iv used kingston many times and every time i have been disapointed. Also kingson isn't even in the top 7 ram brands.

yea that's what i'm thinking..like most apps won't use all 4 cores so a quad isn't so special. so anyway way it goes I think the RAM will be okay.

I was referring to 4gb of memory not a quad core cpu there. People are rushing to see 4gb of memory on new builds and wondering why they are seeing a variety of errors while not having seen any on older systems.

eyecpc i can see u havn't built that many computers with kingston ram, iv used kingston many times and every time i have been disapointed. Also kingson isn't even in the top 7 ram brands.

I've used differents brands and found Kingston to work out well. If you ask 10 different people the same question you will hear 10 different brand names brought up while the most commonly heard advice is simply referring to the manufacturer's recommendation list. And it depends on just whose top 7 list you look at.

Well take a look at the initial problems seen in XP when the first dual core models came out. A registry tweak for the Winserver editions also became a fix for XP as well until AMD in particular eventually released patches.

There you go! Gigabyte is one of the top three makes of boards in general along with Asus and MSI. You'll probably find that it will turn out to be a better board in other ways as well.

There you go! Gigabyte is one of the top three makes of boards in general along with Asus and MSI. You'll probably find that it will turn out to be a better board in other ways as well.

well it the beginning it was between this board and the foxconn, but for some reason i went with the foxconn. Oh well...seems like this board will be better in the long run

Since you now have your mind set on this one that will give you more to work with as far as deciding other things like what memory will be used along with the other hardwares supported. You start from the board up for the most part.

The Foxconn saw two different types of dimm slots similar to what was seen with a few Asrock models seeing both DDR and DDR2 slots for using either memory type there. I find combo boards like that to be a little eehh...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom