Not working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i did a complete thorough look at, i didn't see or smell any burnt spots. Also, i took out the cmos battery and waited and then put it back in. Twice. But, now, it starts for about 8 seconds, then turns off and restarts. Over and over. Its like its an unstable overclock, but, i reset the cmos, so it shouldent be oc'ing. Any ideas?

Ok, i now know its not the ram, because i tried all 4 of my sticks separately. Also, i changed graphics cards, so its not that. So its either: psu, q6600, or my motherboard. How would i test these other than just get another and see if it works?

I still want to say it's the PSU. Most MBs and CPUs don't normally go bad very quickly. I'd say the PSU is the most likely cause of the problem, especially if you're not getting any beep codes from your motherboard.

alright, ill go to frys and pick one up, and if the problem is still there, its not the psu, and ill return the new one. I just hope its not my quadcore

ok, it was the motherboard. Now one last question. Im dualbooting, and right now, in the selector screen to choose which os i want to load, my g15 isnt on/working. I cant move the selector and enter wont work. any idea? Works before and after that though

Try finding an option to enable USB keyboards in your BIOS. I had to do that when I got my Saitek in order for it to work before Windows loaded. Now it works like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom