*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Ya, and he even noted that it made almost no difference in real world performance over running it 3.x. I have actually backed mine down to stock speeds and have it undervolted just because i really havent had any reason to run it any faster than stock.

Ya, and he even noted that it made almost no difference in real world performance over running it 3.x. I have actually backed mine down to stock speeds and have it undervolted just because i really havent had any reason to run it any faster than stock.

same here...i run it at 3ghz on stock volts...i dont see any point of raising it so high....unless ure going for scores.

yea....hopefully i will be running my qx9770 with phase at 4.5 ghz daily....and for benching, more towards 5 ghz. But veedub and jseber are right, running ti that high does not effect gaming nearly at all, as a chip running at 3ghz would most likely see the same performance. Its just because games right now don really utilize or need a quad core thats running higher then 3ghz.

I feel sorry for your power bill once you get that phase unit and run a chip at that speed.

8,499 | Peter.Cort | [*COLOR=blue]e2200 @ 2.2ghz[/color] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen] 8800GT 256mb @ 700/1500 [/color] | Vista Ultimate 32bit [*URL=http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=5932203&resultType=14]ORB[/url]

My real fear is that the board will bottleneck the cards. Something just tells me that 16x is going to be hard pressed to handle the data.
8800 GTX/Ultra uses about the bandwith of 3 x PCI-E lanes. I don't think bandwith is going to be a problem.
well i got pci-e 2.0 but the 3870 is only 1.1 anyway.
3870's are PCI-E 2.0

Back
Top Bottom