Outlook - Multiple Replies - Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I was just curious if anyone else has come across this--
I use Outlook XP, and I think it's the same in the newer versions...

Someone sends me multiple emails, and I want to reply to them all at once--while including them in the reply. The only way I've found to do this is tedious, replying to each email individually and copying it to one "base" reply. Perhaps a plugin that I don't know of, or something I'm missing!

Just a wild shot :)
Thanks,
-X

I've done the following to get around this issue.

In Outlook, highlight the emails you wish to reply to (Ctrl + click each email). Once you have the selection, right click on them.

In the menu, select forward items.

Simply remove the FW from the subject line and send your email.

Now, just a quick note... this will only attach the original emails, it will not include the message text in the body of the email. However, it does allow the recipient quick reference to the original emails.

This is 1 workaround, though not EXACTLY the answer you may have sought.

Hope this helps a bit?

doesn't the "reply to all" button achieve what your asking about? i see the button every day, just never tried it.

jaknlisa619, that reply button is used in situations where the author sends an e-mail addressed to 5 people. If one of those recipients were to hit the "reply to all" button, then the rest of the 4 recipients including the originator of the e-mail would get the reply message. So I don't that applies to Xula's question.

BlackX, that method only sends the original e-mail as an attachment to whomever you wish to send it to.

Xula, looks like what you are asking is: When you receive an e-mail from person A, B, & C. you wanna be able to respond to all 3 people wiht the same verbage... is that correct? If so, i'm not sure Outlook has such a feature that will automate it for you. You just have to open up each one and hit reply.

Lone Wolf said:
BlackX, that method only sends the original e-mail as an attachment to whomever you wish to send it to.

Xula, looks like what you are asking is: When you receive an e-mail from person A, B, & C. you wanna be able to respond to all 3 people wiht the same verbage... is that correct?

Nope, BlackX has it right. The idea is I receive multiple emails from the same person, and want to send a reply that includes all of the original text (from the different emails), with the date, time, etc. as when you reply to a single one.

BlackX: Never thought of doing that! Just did it for the first time...worked great on my end, only problem was when they replied it dropped the attachments. But a good start nonetheless, thanks.

Thanks for all the replies...!
-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom