24" or 26" monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grasswater

Baseband Member
Hi guys, one of my friends is buying a new monitor. We have done some research and intend to get the Sceptre x24wg-Naga 24" LCD,1920 x 1200 , 4000:1, 2ms response.This monitor looks great and so the price. But he got to know another deal on the Samsung 2693HM 26" LCD:1920 x 1200 resolution, 400 cd/m² brightness, 3000:1 contrast ratio;5 ms response time.Which should be a better choice? Personally I think that 26" is better, but none of us have any experience with that big screen, maybe it have some special requirements for the video card?

Well due to the resolution both monitors would have high demands on a video card, but simply because of price get the 24"!!!! heck get 2 and put them as a dual monitor setup then you would have 48 inches for the price of 26".

Personally i wouldnt get either one. I have 2 24" monitors sitting on my desk right now, and 1 is TN the other is MVA. Once you have seen the difference between a TN panel and MVA panel, its worth the extra money to find a MVA panel. The colors are soooooo much better on the MVA. If you have an officemax near you, go check out the SOYO 24" monitor. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles, no tilt, no swivel, but the picture quality is amazing for the price. Keep in mind that you want to find the one with 6ms response time. If it is 3ms response, it is the TN panel.

Some like bigger 26"

Some like smaller 24".....I do because i think the picture is much tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom