Kingston RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
After reading about many people saying the motherboard I am going to purchase is extremely picky, I decided to look into it. I talked to some people at Foxconn and they gave me a list of RAM that has been tested, and works well with the board. After looking on newegg for some RAM I liked, I came across some Kingston RAM. Most RAM I've used before has been kingston except this RAM has no reviews on it. I've seen some good things about the duel channel kits but none about this RAM. So could anyone give me some insight to this RAM? Is it worth getting?

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Desktop Memory - Retail

I plan on getting 4 sticks.

The board:
Newegg.com - Foxconn X38A LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

The memory standard for DDR2 memory is PC2-6400 with four slots for that or a max of 4gb for DDR3 1333 PC3 10600 on two slots. The 1066 memory at the link there would be slowed to 800mhz being faster then the standard.

Kingston as a brand is one of the best along with Corsair. OCZ, Crucial, Mushkin, and some others. Different companies will have it listed on their recommended brands list.

Well I kinda figured that, but I was just wondering about the overall performance of this specific RAM. I know I'm paying a little more for something that won't be used, but as long as it's being used in a good way I don't mind :\

i would not get kingston, they are not very good quality IMO.

Get crucial, ocz, or g.skill....those are the top three brands.

Well like I said, many people complained that the board was to picky... So I found some RAM that foxconn actually said was compatible with the board.

I actually had some g.skill RAM picked out until I learned about the list.

i would not get kingston, they are not very good quality IMO.

Get crucial, ocz, or g.skill....those are the top three brands.

That's bunk! They happen to be one of the better brands to start with. The problem there is that the fastest DDR2 supported is 6400. The faster 1066 memory would be slowed down to the 6400 standard.

those lists are usually BS but I'm not going to tell u to get ram thats not on that list and it end up not working, what other brands of ram are on that list?

well on that list i would go with corsair, or adata,,, but i think that was just examples of the ram they tested so other ram would prob work. I say u go to a local store, pick up some g.skill or crucial, see if it works then take it back and order some online if it worked.

On one older build here I went from 1gb of Corsair xms series memory to 2gb of Kingston Value Ram and saw better results. Why?

It wasn't the change of brand or type even there. In fact Asus sponsors Corsair on their own site while not seeing Kingston in their recommended list. Gigabyte and MSI will however.

The one other thing to note is that most 32bit games and apps were never designed to run on systems with more then 2-3gb of memory installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom