Computer Wont Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
OK i;m shure you all have heard this before but if you could help me that would be great

So all my problems started yesterday when i was playing need for speed pro street on my pc i paused the game went to go take a shower and came back to find my pc at a black screen like the computer is in stand by mode so i shake the mouse hit a few keys nothing happens so i take the side pannel off and look inside and i see water dripping off one of the lines that goes to my CPU on to the PCI express slots down below it ( i have a water cooling sys cooling my GFX and CPU) so i immedately turned off my pc and cleaned up the water taped up the bad hose(as a temp fix) put my Piece OF Crap 8500GT back in, boot it up and nothing happens just a black screen the monitor is in standby mode like the pc is sleeping. so i take the 85' out put a FX5500 PCI in there and it thank fully boots up normally so i put the 8500GT in a plastic bag and throw it in the freezer( this worked on a faulty stick of ram i had) so any way later that night i am watching i am legend on my pc every thing is fine and and the whole pc just stopps, freezes whatever. so i poke my head around in my case and i smell this burning smell i trace it to my WD 250GB HDD i tuch the metal part it nearly burns my finger cause it's so hot so i rip that out angrly and i get a old 40gb hdd i had lying around put it in boot it up and nothing, same as before monitor's in sleep mode and pc just sits there. So i get a slightly used 6800 from a very good friend and plug that in and nothing happens still after all that. I cant get to the bios, i have tried re setting it many times, windows cd wont boot i dont know whats wrong with it. i hope it's not F.U.B.A.R
so sorry about bad engrish and hope somebody can help

You need to try a different motherboard processor combo. The water could have fried either of those parts through the PCI-E slot. Most likely the motherboard.

Well it's not looking too good for starters...liquid, as you know, can get anywhere and more than often does.

Somehow you need to get each piece of kit tested to find what you can salvage.

Oh and paragraphs are also useful ;)

Would any body know how to test the mobo by itself i dont have another board to test the cpu is fine(i hope)
and i dont know if this helps but when i press the button every thing comes on(fans,lights,watercooling sys,etc) but it's like the video card is not outputting a signal

Or if you do not have on-board graphics, maybe a friend would let you pop your card in his box?

Make sure you tell him what happened first tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom