32K Broken in 3DMark06 / New WRs in 05, 03, and Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys you should use Windows Server 2008, it's based on the Vista kernel but is cut down and VERY stable, fast, and efficient! I'm only on 2gb ram at the moment and I swear it actually feels faster than my XP 32bit setup.

I also just ran 3dmark06 and got 2875 CPU points vs 2905 in XP Home. That's exactly a 1% difference which is well within the margin of error.

So far I haven't had any compatibility problems with anything since you use normal Vista drivers. I love it!

guys you should use Windows Server 2008, it's based on the Vista kernel but is cut down and VERY stable, fast, and efficient! I'm only on 2gb ram at the moment and I swear it actually feels faster than my XP 32bit setup.

I also just ran 3dmark06 and got 2875 CPU points vs 2905 in XP Home. That's exactly a 1% difference which is well within the margin of error.

So far I haven't had any compatibility problems with anything since you use normal Vista drivers. I love it!

Haven't you heard about the major file corruption issues that people have been having with windows server 2008? It's supposed to be a pretty bad problem and microsoft wont have a fix until sometime this summer I believe.

hmm...looks like a rare problem and it also says for users with more than 1 drive. I'm only using 1 drive at the moment. I have all my important stuff on another partition and also backed up on the university server.

A small problem for gamers but a huge problem for actual servers.. nothing to be worried about unless your cranking out tera after tera of expensive information for a business

One little 0 where a 1 is supposed to be and there goes $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom