New mATX System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamo86

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I decided to go mATX instead, as I have fallen in love with the Silverstone TJ08B uATX case.

Same internals, include: Q6600 05W GO Stepping SLACR OEM, Scythe Mine CPU Cooler, 2x 1GB 800MHz Corsair XMS2 C 4-4-4-12 RAM, WD AAKS 320GB 16MB Cache HDD, Corsair HX 520 Modular Series PSU, ATi HD 3870 512MB GFX, 2x Sharkoon 2000 Golf Ball 120mm Fans, Samusng DVD/CD (the good one).

Only difference is the Mobo, of course: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R iG33 Express mATX.

What do you guys think of this build? I'm not a gamer and I seriously doubt I'd ever overclock, but I need a wicked-cool performer for everyday comp. activtities and I hate the size of most full ATX cases, where the smaller ones generally suck.

Let me know if I can reach peak performance with this setup, whilst still maintaining a cool and quiet internal atmosphere.

Thanks guys.

looks like a pretty solid build :happy:
a few things i would tweak, personally... but nothing major, and im sure youll be very happy with this comp...

my only serious concern would be that with an oversize video card like that radeon... you wanna make sure that itll fit on that mobo in your case with decent clearance haha...
good luck tho :) - RK

It's a nice build and yes, you should be able to overclock.

I am helping a friend pick out a few parts for his mATX build....he went for the same motherboard as it looks to be a great clocker.

I love you guys, thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure I'll be on here asking for build help when the case and Mobo arrive and I finally start building this thing ;)!

As for the 3870, I did check, and that case can fit an 8800GTX so I'm guessing the 3870 will fit no probs?

Yeah, the 3870 is shorter than the 8800GTX, so you should be good.

all those parts run relatively cool, so you should be fine, also just make sure you're wiring is decently done as so you don't trap hot air in there and kill your components.

Peter - please elaborate... bear in mind, this is my first ever build so please, in laymens..

What Peter said...

Be sure not to block any fans or airflow with your wiring. Tie it all back out of the way so that the air can circulate through the case like it is supposed to. Otherwise, it will act more like an oven than a case. ;)

Gotcha - Good tidy cable management, with cables out ofthe way of the wind-tunnel helps keep everything cool.

TheG33 DS3R is not an mATX board though, as far as I know... And whats wrong with the DS2R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom