Intel beating AMD at their own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that acquiring ATI was a big mistake because they're actually dragging AMD down. Too much invested in them while trying to maintain a struggling company (AMD) all at the same time. Bad timing.

I hear that acquiring ATI was a big mistake because they're actually dragging AMD down. Too much invested in them while trying to maintain a struggling company (AMD) all at the same time. Bad timing.
I don't think it was a mistake.
For the first time ever, they have a way to make their own chipsets now. And the chipsets they have are very good.

And now they have a strong market position in an area they didn't have any market share at all in before.
The graphics cards they have are very competitive.
They also have the best onboard video so far.

With ATI, AMD has probably the best platform available. Even if they aren't winning in the CPU department.

That's one of the reasons I don't like Intel. They charged a lot more for products that weren't as good as they should have been, misled people with GHZ (Pentium 4), and threw advertising at people like there was no tomorrow. They sold a lot more of an inferior product at a higher price.

At one point, basically the only thing the average jo would look for in a PC was "Pentium 4" - even though they had no idea what that meant.

Yup...true story:

My friend bought a brand new Hp system from best buy, spent around $1700. When he brought it home, he realized the cpu was an athlon 64.

I told him, "For the most part, athlon 64's are better than p4's". He still returned it and got a p4 3.2ghz with hyperthreading. He told me he doesnt like amd because his old computer was a 200mhz duron with 128mb sdram, running windows xp and it was slow as ****.

I just laughed at him and left it alone.

You do know why Intel charge so much right? Advertising. See AMD do the same thing? Nope. That's how they can keep cost low.

Trust me, it's all marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom