Syncronizing Outlook 2003 with Y! Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynehad

Solid State Member
Hey.for a while now I've used Outlook XP to manage my contacts andappointments and I've had no problems syncing with Yahoo's calendar using their Intellisync for Yahoo Program.I
recently reinstalled my OS and upgraded to Office 2003 expecting to able torestore my data from Y! but to my dismay get this msg "the file or database
associated with MS Outlook 97/98/2000 is missing or points to a file of zerolength..." when i try to syncronizeThis probably as something to do with the way Outlook 2003
stores info.does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to rectify
this ..? thanks

When you backed up your stuff, did it actually work? Or is the file it made just a file? Check that the file actually DOES have stuff in it to read.

Also, check with Yahoo's support page to see if they have any Q&A about working with Outlook (I'm sure they do).

I've been syncing with Y! for about 6 months now (ever since i lost data on my former pc).i didn't back up contact info to a file.. i just synce with Y! and theres an option On intellisync to export data from Y! into your application.Y!'s responce hasn't be impressive , and the just sent me a mail saying the only support they offer is online.why put a mail in form on a site when you don't intend to respond o the mails?beats me....

That's Yahoo for ya.

Anyway...have you tried their online support?

If Y! is exporting your stuff to Outlook, and yer still getting an error, then maybe there's something up with Y!? Or, maybe when you reinstalled, you nuked some file you needed for the synch to work. Perhaps Y! thinks you aren't the same directory as it normally synchronizes to, and thus hasn't sent you anything. Again, check with Yahoo.

Hmm.. you may have a point there.. i don't think i nuked aything because i installed from scratch.. i nuked everything!so perhaps the problem is from Y!.. bt is the sync process supposed to work on the application side and not the server side? well i'm still searching for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom