new gaming beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing WRONG with it.... But you can do better for the same or just a little bit more... that's all we are saying...

9600 GT 512 SLI performs better then 8800 GT 512 SLI for some reason... The cards 1 v 1 themselves though don't really compare... the 8800 gt blows it away.

Dont 9 series card's use newer drivers too? Maybe that really helps out SLI performance

ahh thank you for the clarification man, much appreciated.
Well, I am taking all of your advice except for one thing, the extremely low price of the E6750 is quite attractive as an initial processor that I can upgrade to a Quad at a later date.

About the 9600GT series, is there any specific model (like EVGA vs XFX) that you recomend of the 9600GT? I am liking the idea of 2 pf these babies in SLI...

dont go for the e6750. go for the q6600 or the e8400. you will regret your choice later.

I know I said i have enough money for my current set up, and I do, but just for the sake of argument: is there any processor thats in the under 200 price range (i.e. the 6xxx series) that would be a good temporary holdover until a much nicer proc is bought?

why would you buy a holdover, when you could just get a good one? I am not sure I understand your reasoning

well, you are right as the difference isn't even a hundred dollars. I am always thinking about ways to reduce the price, call it a habit from my very early days of computer building.

I am just going to stick with the q6600 per everyone's advice.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who offered their advice, these forums helped a lot! I will post my final rig specs when I order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom