Computer junkie checking in

Welcome even though I have seen you around and I have only been on this forum for a week.I am attending college for my A.S. in computer networking and going right back for my A.S. in computer information systems.Going for my CompTIA network+ 04/19/2005 then A+,security+,MCSA,MCSE,etc.I am 28 and have 3 year old daughter of who is my pride and joy.I am raising her myself with a little help from my mother(the nights I goto school).
:D

Bored, were we? It took me a month and a half to get around to posting this back then. I never scrolled down far enough to see that this forum was here.

haha Welcome Trotman :D

WHAT HAVE I STARTED!!

I'm also glad to see the use of the Search feature haha

I won't start a new thread but will rather raise this archaic wreck from the watery depths Most know me very well but some of the newer folk may not. I started here back in January of 2005 as a raw member who knew I didn't know near enough. I like helping people and did my best to so even when I was still on dialup back then (seriously).

I am currently working for a retail technology solutions company, which is a fancy way of saying we sell, manage, and repair point-of-sale POS systems. Cash registers, OK... we do cash registers. Well, we handle a lot more but I primarily deal with the front end systems, in-store networking, and the servers.. Most of this is nowhere near high tech as it ain't cheap and mom and pop stores can't or won't pay that much for stuff. Some of the larger chains we handle are not as bad with the newer register computers actually using m.2 drives. My job mainly consists of troubleshooting as anything that is broken or non-functioning we just swap out and then send in for refurb. I drive a LOT for my job but the company provides the car, gas, insurance, maintenance, tools, etc.

I spend a lot of time on here but not as much as I used to. I am usually on in the morning and then a time or two in the evening. Sometimes I pop in via my phone or if I get an email about something. Even so I read everything that is posted, both to keep the order and to keep up with folks. I am active on social media but most here would not share my views.

I do game a fair bit but it is primarily playing Battlefield 4 on PC with my clanmates. Of late I have been playing a little BF Bad Company2 to play back through the single player story line. Most newer games don't interest me much and I have a huge backlog on Steam as I share it with my nephew.

I am still married and we are coming up on our 34th wedding anniversary this year. Our daughter just turned 32 and our granddaughters are 7 and about to turn 10; both of the grands are big into ballet as anyone who has me on FB should have figured out by now.

Back
Top Bottom