Can OC CPU but not RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... take your over clock setting off auto that is your problem, you using cpu level up i know you are lol. i have the same bios as you, take it off auto set it to manual run a fsb of 400 and u will be at 3.6 ghz and stable, im assuming u dotn have stock cooling, and you should be able to bump your ram pseed up by intervals of 200. when u have the cpu level up option being used you cant oc yoru ram and itl set it at a default speed which it finds aprooving, when on manual and setting you can even set your timings to manual.

this is my first time to think about overclocking, what voltages are recommended for certain speeds (CPU and memory)

this is my first time to think about overclocking, what voltages are recommended for certain speeds (CPU and memory)

well at 3.7 i have mine at 1.46v and it drops to 1.38/1.36 volts. the auto settings on the maximus are also very good for 3.6 auto will be fine for a biginner but i would set your ram manualy at the recomended voltage, you should be fine the maximus is a great all around over clocking board good for noobs and hard core ocers like me and other members on our forum, when i first got my maximus i didnt know what i was doing either lol so dont feel bad.

i tried setting the fsb to 400 and it wouldn't boot so i set it to 333, and my ram to 1333, but it still not using my ram to its fullest potential, when i set it any higher than 1333 then the computer wont boot, 333FSB and 1333 ram seems to be the majic number, how can i make it go high without the boot problems

I got CPU to 3.4Ghz and 1513MHZ on the RAM so its close enough to 1600 for me, plus my cpu runs at 33 idle so im cool for now set at 378 fsb no matter what i do if i go higher than that my computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom