Vista folder view options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarednjames

Beta member
hi, i know youve answered this before, but your solutions have not worked for me, so im hoping for a little more help.

basically, i am running windows vista home premium edition, and i want it so that my default view for all icons, folders and files etc. is the the tile view.

how can i set it so that all files and folders are shown like this by default. i have been into the folder options in control panel and it hasnt helped, i set it to remember each folders view options and then gone through every file to set it how i want it, but after i restart they simply return to the other types such as thumbnail.

any help much appreciated,
jared james

go into windows explorer and navigate to a certain folder and make the icons the way you want them then hit "ALT" and then go to Tools > Folder Options and go to the "View" tab and hit "Apply to all folders"

You wont be able to click tools since you dont see it. So you will have to do a Alt+F to bring up the file menu. Or you can click the Organize button and get the folder options under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom