Will this card run high end games well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-88TES3P-FCP GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

I plan on buying this card whenever I get the money to put my new system together. From what I've seen this card is just under the 8800 Ultra in performance. I was just wanting to get a few "okays" on it before I spend money on a card that gives choppy game play.

Games in Mind : Crysis, CoD4, any other new FPS' out on the market.

The CPU in mind is the Q6600. Overclocking is another thing I might try with both CPU and the video card.

Thanks in advance

Well its a bit far behind the ultra, but still a very good card, and thats a great price too. Go for it, you won;t be disappointed.

It would run high end games well, with a 22-24" monitor. But on the 24" monitor, it depends on the game.

It's not just under the Ultra, until you overclock it.

I plan on playing on a 19" monitor. (Yea, I know..small kinda..but i'm upgrading from a 15.5" CRT)

1440X900 or something :| bad at remembering exact numbers.

Then the 8800GT 512 is perfect. That resolution will be a piece of cake to the 8800GT, with all high end games, except Crysis...heh

An 8800GT will run Crysis at all high settings at that resolution easily, I run it at 1680x1050 all high without much problem.

An 8800GT will run Crysis at all high settings at that resolution easily, I run it at 1680x1050 all high without much problem.

Subjective really, I didn't find Crysis playable on global high settings 1680x1050 even when I had my overclocked 8800GTS 512mb.

Turn shaders to medium though and the game flies even on a 3850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom