sound probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

phake

Baseband Member
so i was playin around with my pc, taking bits apart, and i lost my gfc card screw, so i thought no worries, ill just stick it in loose for a bit. but then it fell out, causing havoc. i managed to get the pc booting after a bit, but now i have absolutley no sound at all (apart from the beeps).

any ideas how to fix this? i have the ac'97 audio drivers with in built mobo sound.

thanks in advance

Check if the sound is enabled in the cmos settings. the beeps comes from your mobo. so that is another issue.

sound is enabled in my bios, i had a play around to, still nothing though.

if i bought a new sound card, would that solve the problem?

It might.

But let me get this straight. You put a PCI card in without a screw, and it fell out while you were running the PC, and now you have no sound. Right?

Aside from considering the possible fact that you may have daamged the card (or port), have you fully uninstalled and reinstalled the s-card? Yer PC might be confused now because the card disappeared during "play" and you might have to tell it that it is really gone. Then let the WDM find it again.

He has onboard ^

You probably just ruined your sound ports doing that. I mean we can think of the most simplist answers to that (Ex : Make sure its not muted, volume turned up, speakers properly connected) But your probably sure its not that...1 thing...You did ground yourself right?

well a new sound card then may solve your problem. well his gfc card fell out his sound is on-board. you might have damaged the sound port. and tell me is your OS detecting your sound device..?? are you able to install the driver. and if so are you getting the little speaker in the taskbar..??

one other thing you might wanna check out is the adapter being selected for sound in the control pannel and check your device manager to see if the driver is therre... And do you mean, but havvoc??? When you siad that i was assumiing a short circut and ya you might cause some physical damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom