The 4x4(x4) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a big step up though for your rig veedub... Before you had 2 8800 gts g92's.. which are nice but are like mid end cards if ya think about it, even if they perform close to the gtx. But these 9800gx2's are TOP OF THE LINE, lol. Your rig is gonna be crazy.

first 2 8800gt's then 2 8800gts' now 2 9800gx2's (also didn't you have 2 8800gts 320mb's)

NAh, only single gts320. I only went SLI when the gt's came out and i picked up 2 dirt cheap.

Did you ever think the day would come when your bottlenecked by a quad core?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Dude. That's going in my signature. That's priceless.

Also, that's what I'm going to shoot for. Got 4 cores, got 4gigs of killer RAM, at some point I'll go with 2x 9800GX2's I'm sure.

no u just oc a quad to 5ghz, ive seen people liquid cool and put there radiator in water with dry ice.

What quad are you talking about? Maybe an extreme edition quad, but not the 9XXX quads. You couldn't even get to that with watercooling. ****, you'd need big time FSB room to reach that if it didn't have an unlocked multiplier. And the heat would be intense.

You'd have to run like, a heck of thermoelectric peltier system or dry ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom