Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you got the monies id go for the 9600 gt sli... if you dont want to cough up the monies go for the ds3l with the 8800 gts g92... They are getting so cheap now that it would not be worth cheaping out and getting the 8800 gt if you can afford the gts g92...

But this is up to you... You know the prices, you know the parts, now you have to decide.

I don't really know the parts, I have no clue about the 780i. Lol, are there cheaper EVGA or Good OC'ing Mobo's out there that support SLi and are under $200? I saw the 680i from Evga, but it had very bad ratings and people didn't like it, how is the 680i? It's like $159 verse $249.
John

I figured out what I will do. I will get 1 9600GT for now to save me $155-160, and later down the road, I'll buy another 1 or 2. That will make my build around $1025 instead of $1185. I will try to pick up the Q6600 soon and order off newegg since the MIR rebates will go away in a couple of days. Good?
John

Hmm, That would of been nice if someone told me, but owell. I heard it's better to have 2x2GB than 4X1GB Sticks. Also the 2x2GB has the 4-4-4-12 timing which means it can OC good.

But **** those were DDR2 1066 Ah, I would of just gotten 2 of those for $50, steal.

Ya, that deal was up for like an hour lol...

btw you can only sli 2 9600 gt's... they are not capable of tri or quad sli.

The 680i is good, but if your going to sli I hear the 780i has something like a 20% increase in sli performance?

And i think you can get XFX 780i's cheaper then Evgas...
Newegg.com - XFX MB-N780-ISH9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard - Retail

Well it was when i was looking at it .... now it just has a bigger MIR.

All those bad ratings for the 680i are due to the fact that 50% get great boards... and the other half get DOA boards.. lol

I don't really know the parts, I have no clue about the 780i. Lol, are there cheaper EVGA or Good OC'ing Mobo's out there that support SLi and are under $200? I saw the 680i from Evga, but it had very bad ratings and people didn't like it, how is the 680i? It's like $159 verse $249.
John

Well i thought after 7 pages you might of known what you were deciding between.

Are you set on 9600 GT sli? because you can just get 1 8800 gts g92 and you should be fine and then you don't have to get the sli boards. We have been through this a few times, its how much you want to spend that matters and how much more performance you want. Sli 9600 gt's will give you better performance then 1 8800 gts g92 but it will be more expensive. Some would say not so much more expensive though that it is not worth it.

Well, I decided I will get the XFX 780i and XFX 9600GT. I will get 1 more 9600GT in the future. For now I think 1 9600GT will be fine for me.

And you can't use the 3-way bridge for Tri-SLi? Darnit, I was about to say, I would get 3 9600GT's and that would be amazing. Why can't you run 3 9600GT's? Is it the card or the Mobo? If it's the mobo, is there another mobo that can handle 3 9600gt's?
John

Hmmm...are there any tests/benchmarks of 8800GT's, 8800GTS's, 9600GT's, 8800Ultra's in SLi mode?

look at my sig...i run my cpu at 3ghz and dont oc my gpu except while playing crysis and every other game runs fine. Crysis is the only game that i struggle with maxing out(thats almost everyone).
But i guess if you want future proof, you can get the 780i and a single 9600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom