Looking at 24" monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
Im looking at the E248WFP dell $379 Dell 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
The UltraSharp 2408WFP $624 Dell 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
The Samsung 245BW $420 Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 245BW Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustment 400 cd/m2 1000:1 (DC 3000:1) - Retail

Does any1 have experience with these monitors? Main things im concerned with is backlight bleeding and color, for games and movies.

I know the E248WP is a TN panel which is why its the cheapest and i havnt heard good things about TN panels in terms of color.

I like all the inputs of the UltraSharp, but its much more expensive.

I've heard of backlight bleeding of the samsung 245BW, and my current 19" LCD samsung 931B has a bit of backlight bleeding that i dont like.

My brother and father both have 22" Dells, which is basically the exact same thing as the 24" from dell. It seems fine and pretty good to me. I like it, I'm actually going to give my 19" to my mom and get the 24" LCD from Dell. On Ebay the cheapest I found was $340 shipped. So search around to get better deals.
John

Soyo 24" DYLM24D6 Widescreen LCD Monitor 24" Widescreen 1000:1 1920 x 1200 6ms at OfficeMax

If you keep an eye out, you can pick this monitor up for around 300. It goes on sale alot. I have it, and its an MVA panel rather than TN like most 24" monitors go. Compared to my acer 24", this thing just blows it away. Personally i think the dell monitors are overpriced.

Also, make sure its the 6ms model. They are phasing them out and replacing the model with a 3ms TN panel, because its cheaper i would assume.

i love my dell 2407, so I imagine the 2408 would be just as impressive. but listen to veedub, I got mine when I didn't know anything, and overpaid. Go with a less expensive one. Unless you want to hook up a 360 or something to it, then you might need the inputs that the dell has..

looks like you can get the 24in dell without all the inputs(to lazy to look up at the model number) for about 350 shipped on ebay. There is one ending in 55 min that is at 305 plus 40 buck shipping. Look out for those.
I personally like the look of the dell more than the soyo.. but its all up to you

The soyo screen is gorgeous compared to my acer, my only complaint is that it doesnt adjust at all. But you cant expect too much for a 300 dollar MVA panel :)

well i meant the stylin, not the actual image :D If i buy a second (might happen) it might just be one of those $350 dells. It would match up rather well with my 2407

Right now im leaning towards the E248WP $379 dell 24".
I know its a TN panel and thats a downside, but the $600 dell ultrasharp would have to have like 100% positive reviews for me to spend the extra money, tho the inputs would be nice. I could probably get HDMI-> DVI and/or component->VGA adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom