The 4x4(x4) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok, well the GX2's are paid for, now i have to send my GTS's back and then the waiting begins. I'm going to use this thread as a build log. I'll be picking up a 750w Coolermaster psu to feed the beasts.

4 cores? check
4 gpus? check
4gb mem? check

Empty bank account? check.

LOL... but before you pack the stuff, put a Screenshot of the current GTS at suicidal run mode and daily mode, to show the exact difference (around 10k I assume :D)

SLI Gx2s, good god, what do you think your system will score in 3dmark06 once you got all your "4x4x4" in it?

Edit
Thats going to have some 4x4 power right there, compared to what mine will be, mines like a taurus......

If i win the lottery i would too lmao. Im already thinking about just saying the **** with amd and building an intel system...lian-li case and quad and everything. it would have to wait for next year though.

He wont beat it ... but he is defiantly gonna be up there...lol..

Can't wait too see what he gets, we should place bets!

I'm thinking 30,069

:) lol

above 20k the cpu is the botle neck even if he runs it at 4 ghz hel probably get about 25/26k. after seing quad crossfire on a 4ghz quad score 25k. tho the 4gb of ram wont do anything for him in 3d mark either the worl record was made using a 2gb kit. im alos addicted to 3d mark 06 so dont feel so bad vdubb im quad firing 3870x2s lol and im water cooling.

Ya, the q6600 will be somewhat of a bottleneck, but then again, once nehalem comes out i'll get an instant video upgrade just by removing the bottleneck at the processor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom