I am a computer moron help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanM19SSM

In Runtime
Hey, I'm kinda a computer moron and I need help upgrading my computer... I asked my dad to get me a comp for my B-day that was fairly decent. Well, he did ok but I need to upgrade. I have about $250 to spend on upgrades. I have a Dell Dimention 2400 P4 a crappy 64mb Nvida video card(Im not sure of the model or anything), 128mb of DDR RAM, I also have 2.3GHZ. What could I do to get fairly decent graphics and faster loading on games and pictures.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Upgrade your Vid Card and RAM. You won't be able to get much with 250, but if you do one thing at a time, over time, you should do fine.

Well, it depends on what games you are playing, but for the most part 64mb ddr nvidia should do the job for most.. I would upgrade the ram first that will increase or give you some mo speedy.

I found out what kind of RAM I need, would 384mb cut it for the newer games like halo and Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 ect....???

I was at my friends house and he was playing Halo on his comp, and the picture quality was awesome. My picture quality really sucks, what would make it look better.

things that make Pc games look better...

everything helps make it look bettter, cpu speed, bus speed, ram, gfxcard, monitor.

2 big performanc contributors are the ram, and gfx card, witch u can easily upgrade... Link , Link2 , total= $238

note- games look better on CRT monitors, rather then flat LCD screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom