design me a $3000 gaming pc please

Status
Not open for further replies.
for gaming PC, go for AMD FX-53 (939 pins version)

Board based on VIA K8T800 PRO chipset

in Asus you'll find model A8V Deluxe

as well in GigaByte/ABIT (may be if they had manufactured), what ever manufacturer you buy, go for this VIA chipset and 939 pin version of the AMD Processor.

The A8V is a great motherboard..

thats the one i have in my system..

it has plenty of features..

I would have definately got an fx processor if I had the money when i built mine..

be sure you put some raptors in it though.. i wish i would have ordered 2 for mine.

(754) AMD64 3200+ (Clawhammer Core) 1600 Mhz FSB

(754) ABIT KV8-MAX3 (1600 Mhz FSB) (North Bridge = VIA K8T800 / South Bridge = VT8237)

(1 Gb) Corsair XMS PRO (500 Mhz (400 Mhz STOCK)) 3200LL (LL = EXTREMELY Overclocked) DDR(1)

(80+ Gb) Western Digital / Seagate (8 Mb) SATA (10k RPM)

ATi Radeon X800XT PE (256/512 Mb) AGP8x

Antec True(Blue/Power) 480 Watt MINIMUM

--------------------

This setup is just under 3k and will rip games into pieces.

KornNut said:
WOW, I would love to have 3k to spend on a computer alone.

Since your'e probably going to get a crapload of responses, I will just talk about sound and video (probably every ones' favorite categories).

I'm assuming that the arrival of Doom 3 has sparked this need for a new gaming PC. Doom 3 is going to be revolutionary in two fronts, video, and more importantly, sound.

As for the video card, ATI is the leader for older video cards and today's mediecore video cards (200 dollar price range). When it comes to your highest quality video cards, NVidia has now taken the cake. As shown in the latest benchmarks, NVidia has done better than ATI. It is painfully obvious that the Radeon X800 ProÂ’s 4 missing pipelines are subjecting it to a big performance penalty with DOOM 3. So I would strongly suggest the NVidia 6800 Ultra.

VERY useful article:
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQyLDI=

As for sound, Doom 3 has revolutionized the gaming industry by being the first company to utilize both EAX technology and Dolby Digital. This calls for a need for a 5.1 or a 7.1 24 bit sound card. Your price range leaves alot of room for the very best. So I would suggest Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0360". Also, when playing these games, I suggest hooking it up to a 7.1 Denon Home Theatre System using a long digital coaxial cable (thats if you still have the money left).

Let us all know what you purchase.
:D

sorry, but please compare video cards of the same rank

example X800XT to 6800ultra

what ur doing is like comparing a 5950ultra to a 9800se

x800XT~6800ultra but when AA&AF are turned ON the ATI "takes the cake"

i changed my mind on the video card. get a radeon x800xt platinum 256Mb DDR. It outperformed the 6800 by 20 to 40 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom