Still looking at some Mobo's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Well I've been looking around for mobo's for the past week and i got some good suggestions, and then some warnings, and then some more suggestions. And then i got questions...

Basically all i want is a good mobo to get my q6600 to 3.6ghz for daily use with my tuniq tower, OC my 8800 GT 512 fine with it, and work well with my crucial ballistix 2x1gb... As soon as i get the money from my friend for 1 of the 8800 gt's i sold to him, I'm buying this and i want to make sure i dont **** up like when i bought my 680i SE...

So which mobo do you think would be best... I'm not really worried about crossfire, or SLI... but if the mobo is good and supports them then all the better... I originally WAS looking at 780i's after all...

here are the mobo's that i found.. the DFI's appealed to me because they are known as great boards from what i heard....

Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

^^ aspire sent me the link to this one... it looks good but i heard someone had problems with the same ram i have.

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

^^ Cheaper and i heard they were good... but i don't really know

Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

^^ expensive but i like the look of it and As long as it does everything i want to and has an advantage over other boards i wont have a problem putting out the extra $$$

I just wanna ditch this 680i se so i can OC my q6600:(

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Any of those boards will have absolutely no trouble getting your quad to 3.6 (as long as the chip itself is capable)

Of course, which board do you think would be best though? Wasn't it you who bought the Asus board that i linked to ^^ and said they had problems with the 2gb of ballistix?

The best board would be the DFI LT ....guaranteed for high fsb's in case you ever upgrade to a 45nm cpu with a lower multi.

as for the ballistix and p5e, there seem to be many mixed reports of some people getting great results, and others not even being able to boot with it.

The DK x38 is basically the same, it's just that it uses 4-phase power vs 8-phase on the LT.

Whether that makes any real world difference is debatable unless you are trying to hit 600+fsb

I second your choice as it is, even though you probably already bought it and my opinion doesn't matter anymore :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom