New Gaming Build - Ordering Tomorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the ip35 is a great board. 780i/90 are always going to wastes not the first time nvidia have done that, unless of course u wanna 3 way sli or sli. Your final build looks great, and i love the look of the pny 9800gx2 :rolleyes:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I can get everything except for the 9800GX2 from the same place so i can save on shipping that way...And ill also get the P5K Pro .
I'm gonna import the 9800GX2 from USA because the price difference is huge, if you buy from USA you can save almost £100 and thats after taken away the shipping cost.

Yes, be careful with that, though! Ideally, get a US friend to post it, and list it as a 'gift' or you will have to pay import tax.

EDIT: Also, if you were willing to consider the price of the 780i, you could spend a bit more and get a p5k premium: it just depends if the extra features seem worth it to you:
-Built in Wifi, and Access point
-two (rather than 1) LAN controllers
-a few more USB expansion connectors
-external SATA
-different audio controller

Again, just little things its a question of whether any of them are of use to you, and if you think its worth the extra price.

I'm gonna buy it from ebay so im sure i arrange something with the seller where by they mark it as a gift..
The P5K premium is quite a bit more and i don't think i will need any of the extra features you listed above.

Hope the build turns out to be great...hoping for at least 15k + in 3d mark 06.

i think if you hit 15k in 3dmark i'll cry, cause that would be low for your setup. maybe stock but yeah, you should have a pretty high score with the gx2

:D
I'm hoping to get the q6600 up to 3.3ghz. I don't know about the 9800GX2 though..is it any good for o'cing?

I'm gonna buy it from ebay so im sure i arrange something with the seller where by they mark it as a gift..
The P5K premium is quite a bit more and i don't think i will need any of the extra features you listed above.

Hope the build turns out to be great...hoping for at least 15k + in 3d mark 06.

Your most likely going to hit like 17k + right at the start... probably 17k at the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom