Boot Up Times..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyoke

Solid State Member
Running a fairly decent system, Intel 6850 Dual Cores, 4 Gigs of Ram, Nvidia GT 8800, Sata Drive, but, I find that my boot up time is slow..

Now, I dont have alot to compare it to, so, what's everyone general boot up time? On boot up, I have the a few prgs, AVG, Picasa, and a few other standard (Audio, Nvidia Setting thing), etc..

Thoughts?

some people think 30-40 seconds is unusually slow...if you're one of those, can't help you, lol

on my system, from pow on to pword screen and input, about 37 seconds I believe...then it may take another 25 seconds to settle down and load up the tray apps, avg/comodo

some people think 30-40 seconds is unusually slow...if you're one of those, can't help you, lol

on my system, from pow on to pword screen and input, about 37 seconds I believe...then it may take another 25 seconds to settle down and load up the tray apps, avg/comodo

First part made me chuckle and mine probably boots up and settles down the same as yours...

Yah, mine takes well over 2 mins to start.. I cant figure out why, it's a fairly fast system. Once everything is loaded up, it runs fine..

Start Up programs is pretty minimum.. done the usual defrag, utilities etc..

Thoughts?? It's a Sata at 160 Gigs, with about 40-50 Gigs free..

The harddrive shouldn't have a lot to do with slow boot times. Maybe there's a background app that shouldn't be there that's booting up with the system, did you scan for virus and adware as well?

My laptop takes about 35 seconds from grub to the desktop. It has an AMD Sepron 3100+ , 768mb of ddr, and a 120gb 5400rpm IDE hard drive.

Try this. It will eliminate unnecessary programs running at startup and should give you a faster start up time.

Click on start > run > type "msconfig" without quotes. Go to the startup tab and disable everything except your antivirus and then click ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom