RAM downclocks, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
I have had two value sticks of a-data 1gb ram for a while, but recently bought two 1gb sticks of crucial ballistix. If I install all 4gigs, they will all run at the crap ram's timings right? So it is better to just get rid of the a-data RAM all together?

You'd benefit from more quantities of memory, rather than the speed and timings.

What b1gapl said.

However, I would first only put the ADATA in and try to manually adjust timings and overclock to your desired frequency. If they are 667mhz then you will most likely be able to run them ddr2 800mhz 4,4,4,12.

Just play with the adata set first and see where you can get with them, then throw in your ballistix and keep the memory settings (the ballistix will of course do whatever your adata can)

^Really? If that is true then that is very good to know.

And yes my motherboard supports dual channel, I don't think any ddr2-800 ram mobos aren't dual channel.

Hrm, nevermind. I miss read my book. It will run it at the speed of the slowest module.

Which makes sense, because if data is getting sent faster than one channel, there would be a bottleneck still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom