Getting a new computer - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shroud said:
Blah.. don't buy those name brand computers.. they are cheap for a reason. They are almost all completely proprietary inside. Pay a bit more and put one together for yourself.. that way you know that stuff is good.

Alienware systems are far from being "name brand computers."

They are also not cheap in the least bit.

Mike

That's odd.. the only thing proprietary I've ever seen in an Alienware system is the case and cooling. Everything else is exactly what you'd get at the store (Asus mobo, Enermax PS, Seagate HD, etc.)

Even the case is not proprietary, it is still an ATX form factor, making it standardized.

Hmm.. OH SHIT.. it was E Machine that I was thinking about.. Alienware was just recent right? CRAP..

I have not had much interaction with Alienware.. but it is good to hear that they stick to standard components.

Shroud said:
Hmm.. OH SHIT.. it was E Machine that I was thinking about.. Alienware was just recent right? CRAP..

I have not had much interaction with Alienware.. but it is good to hear that they stick to standard components.

LOL.

Big difference in E machines and Alienware.

I don't think Alienware are that recent, they have been around for a while I believe.

That's like the difference between Porsche and Kia. :D

Mike

Blah.. don't buy those name brand computers.. they are cheap for a reason. They are almost all completely proprietary inside. Pay a bit more and put one together for yourself.. that way you know that stuff is good.

I thought I mentioned laptops...you mean you can put those together? That's pretty new to me...where do you get a case to build a notebook with?

You never heard of alienware? Have you been hiding under a rock for the last few decades?
No offense but they are pretty popular so you should know about 'em.

Ok... they may be popular...and I might have even heard the name...but as I have never actually seen one, they aren't so familiar to me. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom