Messed Up my colors in Nvidia Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I was monkeying with color controls in my nvidia control panel, and now I cant achieve the correct colors, everything looks horrible. I tried reinstalling the drivers, but the settings stay the same. If i uninstall then install, will it reset the settings?

Did you try uninstalling the drivers completely with something like Driver Cleaner Pro? If not, I recommend doing that. Just make sure to read the readme file to figure out how to do it.

I tried driver cleaner pro, and nothing. Cant find any default button, and when i do a complete uninstall and reinstall, all settings are back to default but the colors, so i think they are built into windows. But when i did the display optimization nvidia thing were it has you adjust the red green and blue bars to adjust different color gamma settings, once i did that they all got messed up, and there all different and it looks bad. There has to be some way to reset it.

There are several ways to do it without reloading the driver. One is to just right click on the NV icon in the systray and pick "color correction", then make sure "apply color changes" is set to "all', then click on the "restore defaults" tab towards the bottom.

Another way is to go to the NV control panal and you'll see the "restore defaults" (hard to spot) in the upper right corner of both the adjust desktop settings" tab and in the "adjust video color settings tab" within the main part of the nvidia control panel.

Taken from this page:

NVIDIA Forums > How to reset to default color scheme?

From this Google Search:

Reset the nvidia control panel to default - Google Search

Plenty of options to try. There is a answer. Just have to ask the right question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom