Graphics card doesnt want to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
Hi, I recently installed a graphics card by myself.. how great. Now i cant use it though. One time when i installed it, the bios beeps started, i think it added to 9. I went back into the PC and did some twiddling again. This time it didnt beep but it came up with a blank screen using Graphics Card. At the minute im using the onboard graphics display. I think i have the card placed properly but what i did with the power outlet is connected it from the graphics card to a power cable between the hard drive and something else. I did try what it said before from the graphics card to the hard drive then connected the hard drive one back into the cable i connected. I am totally unsure of what to do, so if anyone could help me. It would much be appricated.

It has an integrated graphics card. Its the only way im able to see. P.S if i have to disable the onboard graphics display please tell me what options i need to go to in the bios. Im using SiS, American Megatrend thingy.

And yes i am using Windows XP Professional

cheers

its not dangerous for u to just search around in your bios, cause u have to specify to 'save & exit' so for a normal human i think its imposible to acidently screw something up... the option is something to do with 'Primary display adapter, and all u need to do is witch it off 'Onbourd' to 'pci' or 'agp' ..witchever kinda card u have.

:'(

Thanks for reply. The Bios i use is Ambios Simple Setup Utilities Version 1.21.06 on a SiS 730S.. i know its crap but i wont be getting a new one anytime soon. I did search and found "Primary graphics adapter" but the only thing i could set it to was onboard AGP... is it the graphics card or just me. I must of tried this graphics card installation 5 times now to ensure its in. The cables i think are correct. So has anyone got any ideas..?

If needed this seems to be a user manual of my sort of system http://www.amptron.com/manuals/K7-810CLM/810s71C.pdf

Cheers :cool:

wat kinda graphics card did u install... its AGP right?

maybe some one else can clear this up, but i was thinking... the manuall said your mobo supports 4x agp, maybe it could be conflicting if ur using a 8x agp. although i know there suppost to be backwards compatible?

Its an ATI Radeon 9800 SE. It should be backwards compatible. I know the ATI Radeon x800 is only compatible with AGP 8x/4x. So i should see no problem with that not working. Oh well.. please give me more advice if possible. I heard resetting the CMOS helped someone out? What exactly does that do?

I think resetting CMOS is to make the BIOS setting back to default.
I dont think there is any problem put a 8XAGP card on a 4Xmobo.
I also run 8XAGP using 4Xmobo.

change your Primary Graphics Adapter from PCI default to AGP bus in your BIOS. After that click Save n exit, the the Pc will reboot again n entering window. Inside the window, install the driver came along with your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom