Getting a new pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayahuja

Baseband Member
Write this is gonna be my first Assembled Pc so i really want you guys to help me out with it..
It's basically gonna be for Gaming and other teenage purposes and high storage required to store movies , music , projects blah blah..
The Config which i've planned out till now is :

Screen : Samsung Syncmaster 226bw (22")
Keyboard : Logitech G15
Speakers : Logitech G51
GFX Card : Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX (xfx)
Motherboard : Nvidia nForce 780i SLI MCP
Hard Disk : 500GB (Western Digital)
RAM : 2 x 2 GB (Transcend)
Cabinet : Cooler Master Cosmos S
Processor : Inter Quad Core q6700
DVD Writer : Sony

I'd like you guys to Comment/Suggest/Make improvements (in the config if any).
Thanks
~ Vinay :)

Sure not a problem. Give me a second.
The problem actually is , i can't buy from Newegg.com since i live in India and i'm thinking of buying hard disk of one of the brand's which is easily available out here so that i get better service.
Anyways i'll link you to my stuff in a second.

welcometf.gif

You could save some money by going with an 8800gts 512mb instead of the 8800gtx. The GTS 512mb is nearly as fast as and is usually significantly cheaper (after mir).

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS-T2D512E GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Also, to utilize 4gb of ram you will need a 64 bit operating system.

again, gts isn't as good as the gtx, but will perform fine in any game on max settings, other then that i would suggest a q6600 instead of the q6700, just because the price difference isn't really justifiable. also pick up a p35 or x38 board and cut some costs unless you are going to go sli, then stick with that board.

thanks for the motherboard suggestion..
and yeah..
gtx > gts always.. + if i decide to go sli... i really need to pick up one of these two : 8800 ultra / gtx.. and ultra is kind of a bit over budget.. so i'd go for gtx.. and yea won't be upgrading for a while so why not buy a bit better one ? :)

One more thing i'd like to ask you guys..
q6600 or q6700
what's the main difference between... really don't get to see any use of the $250 difference :S
i'd rather spend the money to get ultra lmao.

really the only difference is the multiplier which comes into play when overclocking, and i believe the q6700 has a better cache on either the l2 or l1 then the q6600, so just buy the q6600 and use the extra money on an ultra if thats what you want.

but the only difference between the gts, gtx and ultra, is the fps, but the fps of all of them are rediculously high so you probably won't notice much of a difference.

i'll go for 6600 then 'coz it really aint worth spending almost double the amount on a 6700 + there will be many better one's which i might get next year if i save on this..
thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom