Minors... How do you pay for your rigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my rig cost me about £550 15 months ago, I saved my parents only brought the mobo which was like £50

I'm 17, take college courses worked untill I was 16, saved $1,000 then Bought a dirtbike, sold the dirtbike for $2,000... Got a $200.00 computer and a free $500.00 graphics card. Sold those for $700.00 after 3 years. Getting a job at Bestbuy/Geeksquad. (Those kids don't know anything, lol) - I also put $250.00 in the stock market and got $40.00 extra :)

I got a free truck and I don't have to pay for gas or insurance until I turn 18, lol - they are back breakingly high though =\

:confused: Wha..wha.. what? Wow your good with your money. ;)

im 18 and i worked for it, i was wroking at a local computer store and now im cooking in a family restaurant that seats upwars of 500 people. i make 8,50 an hour and im about to go up to 9,25.my first rig i built when i was 15 i orderd from my dads friends store he let me get everything i needed and payed it off, he also let me choose the brands i wanted. this rig i payed for everything in bulk.

Mostly birthdays and Christmas... My pc now:

2x 24 monitors: £600: birthday
1x 30 monitor: £1200 : Christmas
1x desktop: £1200: birthday
1x laptop: £800: half saved up, half birthday
1x keyboard and all other hardware: £400 (approx) : Christmas

So basically everything is a gift :D

9.75 an hour and profit sharing = 375 thats all for me :D and thats working 3 days a week and 1 saturday a month, so i get off pretty good. and i put away most of my money so i can be a millionaire when i retire.

I got my I.T. teacher to write my parents that building a new computer would be a good learning experience. I also convinced them that i could future proof the comp enough so that they wouldn't need to buy a new one for quite some time. Which is all true, whether i meant it to be at first or not.

I did pay for my case, the step up to my 8800 gt, and the headset... but still, mostly my parents money. The next build will be my own though... whenever i feel i need one.

yeah, I got a 245 bill on a credit card, they have not asked me for payment yet (before I had paypal). So I might not end up paying for my e8400 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom