Second HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
Just a quick question:

I want to add more space to my existing HDD. If I get a second HDD, can I integrate into Vista without having to reformat? (i.e. play games, run programs, integrate via RAID without format)

no you don't have to format the hdd that is currently in

if you have to set-up raid for it then i wouldn't know what to do but if its a IDE drive then its just a case off set it as the slave (via pins at back) then format that drive

no you don't have to format the hdd that is currently in

if you have to set-up raid for it then i wouldn't know what to do but if its a IDE drive then its just a case off set it as the slave (via pins at back) then format that drive

Even easier with a SATA drive... Plug the power/sata cables in, turn it on, format it =P.

If you do get a new drive, and after you hook it up, you probably won't see it in My Computer, so you'll need to do the following:

Start > Right click on 'Computer' > go to Manage > go to Disk management on the left hand side of the window > when it loads, look for your new drive (should have a black stripe on top of it, if I remember right) > right click on it > click 'create partition' > do a full format on it.

Just a quick question:

I want to add more space to my existing HDD. If I get a second HDD, can I integrate into Vista without having to reformat? (i.e. play games, run programs, integrate via RAID without format)

The above posts should completely help you out. I just wanted to add that, these days, adding a new hard drive is a piece of cake. Simply plug it in and then format it, reboot. I remember a while back when a floppy came with your drive and you have to basically tell the drive what it was/how big it was (in a manner of speaking), 'Twas quite a different task compared to now :)

add it to your existing hdd?? anyway, like said before you just put it in your case, hook up the power cable and the sata (if it is sata) to the motherboard, format it and presto..u have a new hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom