New gaming rig! Finished tomorrow afternoon! DD WB Case! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the case, going to look great once the components are in and so are the fans and LED lighting.

I have a Sunbeam acrylic case sitting at home empty. They are totally cool looking at night with all the fans etc. lit up but a complete pain in the arse when it come to changing out components. You nearly have to take the whole case apart every time just to replace or add a drive etc. But if you are okay wiht that, I think your build is going to be awesome!!!

I'm pretty sure one of the selling points of the DD acrylic cases is that they are easy to swap parts out of... thus they are cubes rather then a standard tower

Thanks for all the responses you guys.

Sorry I didn't get to post any new pics today. I've been on the go since 8:30am today, then it was me and my girlfriends three year anniversary, so I didn't really get any time until now to get on, it's not about 1am ha.

I put the everything together, the last thing for me to do is go back and get a new dvd-burner. The one I got today was IDE and I ment to get a SATA one haha.

This is what I ended up getting today-

XFX 780i mobo
2x 9600gt's in SLI
4gigs of Corsair DDR2 800 (They look like dominators)
2x 500gig Seagate HDD's

Here's the full specs-

XFX 780i mobo
Q6600
Corsair 4gigs DDR2 800
2x 9600gt's in SLI
Antec 500W PSU
Vista 64-bit
2x Seagate 500gigs
Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Gamer
DD Water Box
2x 120mm white led fans

There she is. I went with the two 9600gt's since they scale so well, and were only a bit more then a 8800gts and beat the Ultra's now and then.

I went with 2x 500gigs so I can dual boot Vista/Ubuntu 7.10 and have the other 500gig for storage. I may pick up another 500 soon.

I'm waiting on the watercooling until I can afford to get waterblocks for the 9600gt's too and the pump that I want.

I'll get around to posting pics sometime tomorrow.

very nice system!!!! i'm going to be picking up a 780i or 790i whenever i feel like changing mobo's... but first i wanna get my new psu, cpu, and video card

Thanks buddy.

Well remember, on 790i board they only support DDR3, but they do scale SLI 20% better if that's you're thing.If I could afford a $350 mobo I'd defiantly go that route. Then again, if I could, I would have also picked up 2x 9800GX2's haha.

I see you're ordering a Q6700, and not to bash on it or anything, but have you thought about waiting for the new Q9000's to all roll out and be readily available? Or even a Q6600. The only reason I ask this is because the Q6700 really doesn't OC (from what I've heard), much better then a G0 Q6600.

Haha, not to hijake my own thread for you?!

ya... i need it for the high multi, cuz 680i doesnt have really high fsb options, and i'm almost certain thats why my q6600 stopped at 4.1X for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom