HELP! Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap....wow, well at least you have the first problem solved. Wow, this is something else. What mobo you have again? I still think you have a mobo problem. Call the maker and see what they say. You may have to send it back and get a new one. Maybe DOA. Sorry dude, I feel your pain, I would be crying if I was going through this much trouble. Let me know.

The AGP slot might be faulty, thought that with me cause i had the same problem. Figured out that pluging the PSU to the mobo was a good idea...

GameGURU said:
The AGP slot might be faulty, thought that with me cause i had the same problem. Figured out that pluging the PSU to the mobo was a good idea...

I really don't think its the motherboard's AGP slot because it won't show anything when I try to boot up with the onboard video (unless the mobo thinks that something is installed into the AGP slot when there really isnt).

I am building another PC in a week. So, worst case scenario, I am going to try to swap motherboards to see if thats it. What a pain in the ass.

Thats good...at least you will be able to see if the mobo is DOA. Thats what I think, anyways.

I have almost the exact same components coming in from New Egg on Monday (a different PC that I am building). I will swap out the motherboard, so that I can see if the old mobo is DOA. I'll keep you posted then. So frustrating....

UPDATE:

As you all know, DDR RAM is only supposed to be installed in one way. IF, it is being installed backwards, the motherboard is NOT supposed to let it snap in. So... my problem was that my RAM was installed backwards, and was not allowing the video to boot up, yet there were no beep codes. Its not that I'm a moron, its that my motherboard allowed the RAM to be snapped in backwards. Stupid Intel MOBO.

So, now the PC is running extremely well, but I think that I need a new PSU anyways because my lights on my fans are flashing... no good...

Thanx for all of the help...

it doesnt use that much, the ati recommends that you use a 300+w ps with the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom