gpu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_S

Solid State Member
I will be making my first computer, Meant for rendering and general use, and to a lesser extent, games. I was wondering if there would be a difference between SLI and Crossfire in terms of rendering. Will it make any difference? Is one better than the other in general for rendering? Thanks.

looking to build a workstation using intel QX9300 or QX9550, 4Gb DDR3 SDRAM...but im confused about graphics, I dont want to go to cheap but i dont need the best graphics cause im not building it to play games, So i guess that's what I really need help with, but then i've never built a computer so who am i to say what i need help with;)
Max budget is low $2000's for the whole thing.

ddr3 ram is a waste at the moment, its only provides approximately a 5% increase in performance over ddr2 but it is 10 times the price.

Well... with that budget you can pretty much get whatever GPU you want.

I'm just gonna say go for an 8800 gts g92 since you have the money. This card will not be overkill but it is also a great card for gaming. Now it is in the $250 price range.

If you had a cheaper price in mind i would suggest an 8800 gt 512 which can be found at $180~210.

or you can get the 9600 GT which is about $130-140 or so.

you might want to check out a workstation/high end application computer forum, as this is mainly a general use/gaming forum
(for the most part)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom