Build Update, with pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well if it isn't obvious I have not built a PC before it is now. but this is meant to be a good computer build and also a learning project too.

What do you mean MOBO holes? Any of you guys have pix of your setup and how you have it routed to help me get an idea? I tried doin what I could but a lot of wires seemed too short to route the ways I wanted to.

OOH, I took another look, I think I get what you are saying.

That is also true, once I have everything there that will be then I can re route them better. It's tricky I'm not going to lie, and I'm always afraid I'm going to break something. I try to be as gentle as I can with those tiny connectors

CIMG3015.jpg

Better? no? Is it an art getting it to look slick?

Maybe I gotta wait till everything's in there too

lol, it looks the same but now its just zip tied.

i just put together an antec900 system, w/ the same mobo, q6600, and 8800gts 512mb

i wasnt pleased w/ the antec 900 case.... the hole to reroute psu wires was too small, and oddly placed... then the fans they did have in there, the wires for them were not long enough... and pretty much NOTHING in there is tooless so it took me alot longer than it would normally for me to put everything in.. and the motherboard was so close to the top, that i couldnt even properly put in a tuniq tower 120... and with the tuniq in.. the side door fan wouldnt fit!!! then the 5.25 to 3.5 bay converter was just plain confusing to me.. i couldnt seem to find out how to securely put it in.. so i ghetto rigged it some way to get it to stay in place

and for my conclusion.. i will just say, i plain hit micro and mid towers... full towers FTMFW

well I figure once all the wires that are gonna be in there, are in there, i can run some together and through those holes on the side and make it look better. I've done some stereo installs in cars and done some ignition wire and harness work on some cars, so I have the idea, but this is totally different IMO being in a small little box and everything is extremely delicate. But I guess that's part of learnin!

well its not like if you accidentally hit something its gonna break, you just don't want to go around bending ram, the heatsink, or and cards.

I know, what I am concerned about is the tiny tiny USB connectors at the bottom for the LEDs on the cover and the power/reset buttons. Those kind of plugs have such tiny pins.

I just take my time and be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom