Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they've prob already replaced the old ones already

does anyone know if they are still $200 at microcenter? Or was that a limited time deal?

Yes, they still have it, that is were I am getting my Q6600. I also thought they must of sold all the B3's by now, but I called and asked a noob lady, and she said by checking the computer, they had B3 stepping. I am sure if I go, I will find a G0 SLACR and be happy.

I also wanted to ask, what is a good fan?

People really like the TRUE, but it's big and expensive.

What else is good?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm

Newegg.com - ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler - Retail

ZALMAN 9500A 92mm
Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

This will be on a DS3L Mobo with 2X2GB Ram in a Raidmax Smilodon Case.

the best alternative to a TRUE is that one that looks just like it but made by a different brand and is slightly different in design

Yes, they still have it, that is were I am getting my Q6600. I also thought they must of sold all the B3's by now, but I called and asked a noob lady, and she said by checking the computer, they had B3 stepping. I am sure if I go, I will find a G0 SLACR and be happy.

I also wanted to ask, what is a good fan?

People really like the TRUE, but it's big and expensive.

What else is good?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm

Newegg.com - ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 120mm 2-ball UFO Bearing / Transparent CPU Cooler - Retail

ZALMAN 9500A 92mm
Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

This will be on a DS3L Mobo with 2X2GB Ram in a Raidmax Smilodon Case.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

much better

Oh nice. Yeh $36 sounds more reasonable than the TRUE's price. I assume its exactly the same size and style. But my main question is will this fit in my case? I hear it's really big, I have a raidmax Smilodon. If someone has it or you know which cases work, can you let me know or search up the size of both cases and see if it will fit or not, I wouldn't want to buy it and then realize it won't work with my case. Thanks guys.
John

Alright, so the final list is:

Intel Q6600 G0 SLACR PCU
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Case
EVGA 8800GTS G92 512MB 670MHz GPU
Crucial Ballistix 2X2GB 4-4-4-12 Ram
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Fan
Arctic Silver MX-2 Thermal Compound
Gigabyte DS3L MotherBoard
Corsair 520HX PSU
Seagate 500GB 32MB Cache HD

That's all, with shipping & tax, the total should be around $1000 exactly. Pretty good build? Anything else I'm missing?
John

Oh yeh, I also need a mouse and keyboard. I am thinking this:

Mouse-Logitech MX518
Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1600 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail

Keyboard-Logitech G15 2
Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Retail

They both have Orange LED's, and my Raidmax Smilodon Case has green LED's. I was wondering if maybe you can change the led's in the case or the mouse/keyboard. To tell you the truth, I don't want Green or Orange, I'd much rather have Blue. Is it possible to make all the LED's blue instead? Also, I might need to change the fans to something quieter, are the green LED's in the case ON the fans? Or are they somewhere else, because if they are on the fans, I can easily get blue LED fans right?
John

your gonna love that keyboard...my gf gave it to me as a valentines gift.
she also gave me the logitech g7 mouse which is amazing too!

and JDM, pls don tdouble post...just wait and someone will help you eventually.

What about the LED's? Can I change them all blue or would that not work? Cause if not, I will buy the Razer Lycosa Blue Keyboard and a different mouse that lights up blue :D
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom