Choosing a case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lian Li's are like $200 ... and i i still don't understand why. The airflow would have to be amazing for that regular looking case to be jacked up over $100 more.

That's what I say. You can find a solid Centurion for ~$50 and that's the most I've ever spent on a case. When looking at a $200 case like that I'd much rather invest that extra money in a better video card or something, not a case.

I spent $140 on my newest case... and i do not regret it... It's an aurora 570, the same as aspire's (hes the one who suggested it), and i think its a beauty! It also is practical and has some handy features.

But i did buy that case partially on looks tbh, and after the paint job is done I'm hoping I will be even more happy with my purchase.

I think the Centurion, because if you're going to spend about an extra $100 for a case, don't you think you should use that money elsewhere?

+It's business. The "mass of airflow" probably isn't as good as it sounds :p

Hi guys, thanks for all your brilliant responses!!

The Lian-Li's I had in mind included the PC-A07B and A05B and more notably, the PC-7 PLUS II with removable mobo tray, which costs a mere £58, just over $100 US.

Definately not as nice to look at as the CM Centurion 5, but it may be a better case?

Also, I came across a case from a less-reputable company called AeroCool. A short uTube vid of it can be found here and the official page can be found here, with a review here.

Also, we should not forget the Antec Solo for its silencing,

I'm totally confused in a cycle of Aesthetics Vs. Silence. Vs. Size Vs. Features.

I guess the CM Centurion 5 is slightly ahead of the others atm.

let me tell you the difference between lian li's.. until you've owned one.. don't talk about em

i own an exact replica of the v2000, being the abs aplus black pearl.. and it is the most amazing case i've ever seen.. one of the best 250 dollars i've EVER spent on a computer component.. best thought out case ever made.. beautiful aluminum panels inside.. plenty of cd drives, top mount and screwholes for a radiator... but screw that, the whole bottom part is big enough to fit all water cooling parts internally.. and for more extreme, even fit in phase change cooling..

this case has more organization than any case i've ever seen made.. THOUSANDS of ways to work w/ wiring, comes w/ a fan controller, and temp sensors.. comes w/ tools, a crapload of screw.. GOOD instruction manual...

you just can't top build quality of a lian li...

100_8244.jpg

i took out the two bottom hdd cages

i'll never go back to cheap cases ever again (ie.. thermaltake armor... antec 900... aerocool spiral galaxies.. all very cheap to me now and nowhere near equal to the quality of this case)

aprive has some really nice cases and it won't blow a hole in your wallet. granted they are a little small but not really a problem and are pretty attractive :D

newegg it. i have the x-discovery and its nice. again, a bit cramped for 4 drives and a full atx board, but its nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom