New Build $2000, Critiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop the board (overkill), drop the quad-core (pointless), drop the 9600GT's (slow cards), drop the 4gb of ram (won't be recognized).

Get a cheaper board ($150 range) , get an E8400 (3.0GHZ dual core and won't bottleneck SLI), get 8800GT's (best card for $), get 3gb of ram.

Are you kiddin me? 9600gt is not a slow card, in fact it whoops your card alone and two in sli beat even an ultra. In some cases, the 9600gt's beat the 8800gt's and even when they dont, are barely slower (few fps) but much cheaper.

Hmmmm.... I think I'll look into the Xigmatek. I would be interested in the newest board, but I would like the best graphics possible. Which is better, 9800gx2 or 2-8800GT SLi?

I think if I switch to one hard drive, keep my external for backups, and find a P5E motherboard, I should be able to afford the GX2.

I would say 9600gt's are the beat bang for the buck when it comes to sli.

ya, but the board, PSU, HD, Video Cards and Optical Drives are still left over to be bought, and my parents haven't bought the stuff yet

I'm trying to convince them to buy PeterCort's HD3850 for $110

Not that i want to persuade you out of buying it... but why not get an 8800 gs instead? wasn't there a link for one for $100 and it probably outperforms a 3850 256mb.

And definatly the 9800gx2 will out perform the 8800 gt 512 sli... but if you are going to sli go with your orignal idea of 2 9600 gt's in sli because they just scale better for reasons unknown...

But if you can get the mobo and the cheap ddr3 that vernog suggested AND fit the 9800gx2 into that budget... you will have one BEAST of a rig... That would be an extremely powerful rig...

Case: Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS ATX Full Tower - Retail - $150
nvm

the 780 and 790 chipsets are a waste of money. You dont need 3 pci-e slots ****, you cant even use them without gtx's or ultra's

Hmmmm.... I think I'll look into the Xigmatek. I would be interested in the newest board, but I would like the best graphics possible. Which is better, 9800gx2 or 2-8800GT SLi?

I think if I switch to one hard drive, keep my external for backups, and find a P5E motherboard, I should be able to afford the GX2.

Actually on second thought you can save 20 bucks and get this DFI board, it's as good if not better for overclocking.

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

oh and guys, please don't thread jack...let's try to keep the discussion on topic around the OP's question(s).

the DFI dark is still an amazing board. There are only minor differences between the LT lanparty such as 4-phase power.

The p5e is quite a good board too though, I was going to get a DFI x38 dark but snapped up a P5E for a good price, and I'm going to flash it to a Maximus Rampage bios :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom