no "you can now safely turn off your computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakir_sudry

Baseband Member
when i turn off my computer it closes everything and then the stupid screen that says "you can now safely turn off your computer" appears, i'm pretty sure there is a way to cancel it and that the computer will turn himself automatically,
HOW?

ok go into your cmos (bios) in the power there will be something like after power state change that.!

I would also check the power feature in the control pannel, check the setting for when shutting down

havent found anything in thecontrol panel that can help, about the Cmos i tried a abit but i havent understood exactly what you ment

Hmm...

I have Windows Xp, and when I tell it to shut down, it goes through the whole "saving your settings" bit, then turns off. I haven't messed with my bios (on this mobo) at all. From the XP side, I've always considered it a motherboard feature that XP picks up through the drivers and HWI.

its not for me, my computer also shuts down as it should, its for my friend she HATES that stupid screen and i offered to help her, but it seemes more complicated then i thought, can somone explain me how to do it, i can handle the bios...

yakir_sudry said:
when i turn off my computer it closes everything and then the stupid screen that says "you can now safely turn off your computer" appears, i'm pretty sure there is a way to cancel it and that the computer will turn himself automatically,
HOW?

By the sounds of it, this is a home PC we're dealing with. This is not a matter of what MS OS you're running (I run a dual boot Win98/W2K) and have never run into this problem.

Here's a link to a MSKB article you should read to solve your situation.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810903&Product=winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom