OCCT Version 2 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know what you were talking about. But stress testing programs are more pointless than most realize.

Stress testing programs will only tell you if given settings are stable for that program, so the question becomes is our intent to run the stress testing programs all the time whenever the computer is on?

You should use whatever programs your going to use for the test as that will show true stability as it is the end program your going to use anyways.

So if the computer is going to be used mostly for finding prime numbers then use prime number programs, if its going to be used for gamming, use the games your going to play anyways. If folding then use folding.

Stress test programs are a waste of time as gamming stresses the computer in ways that prime, OCCT, stressCPU2 and others can't. Gamming stresses CPU, RAM, VIDEO card, and just about everything all at the same time, while all the other programs only stresses CPU and some Memory.

One can be 24 hours prime 95 stable but that does not mean they can play crysis for 6 hours without errors.

I, too, don't really care much about thorough stress testing. But really only because I'm too lazy. OCCT is good at catching things quickly and that's why I like it. If I stress the puter for about 20-30 min with OCCT I know it's good enough that it won't ever crash during gaming/normal use.

lol how do u start a test on this thing? Im dumb, cant figure it out.
EDIT: nvm, didnt realize it did a 1min idle monitor. wow, my load is up to 60c.... according to asus probe II that is though, realtemp shows 48c.

Hmm, lasted 5 minutes and said "cpu too hot!" because the cores hit 72...I think I need to do some dusting. Prime was stable for 8 hours on this setting, temps were good with small ffts.

Aside from that, how accurate is the voltage reading on this thing? It says:
5V | 4.61v and 12V | 10.65 That would be bad if it's correct, correct?

Software voltage readings are way off, but just to humor you, those voltages are horrid if you were to take them seriously, the standard deviation for power supplies is 5% +/- on any rail.
So the 12V rail can flucturate between 11.4 and 12.6 and the 5V rail and flucturate between 4.75 and 5.25.
as 12 X .05 is .6 and 5 X .05 is .25

So, once again and as always don't bother with software voltage read outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom