New gaming rig! Finished tomorrow afternoon! DD WB Case! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
I'm STOKED.

Got the money and I'm ready to go! I'll post pictures of the build and everything tomorrow in this thread. Here are the specs that I decided on. I put a lot of thought of various configurations I could go with. 9600gt's in SLI, 9800GX2, 3780X2, E8400, etc, etc. Thanks to everyone that's helped out, and big ups to b1g.

I'm on somewhat of a budget, but I just didn't feel the need to spend a stupid amount when this rig will be more then capable of handling current games at great settings at the resolutions I play at. Sure, I could have waited for the 9800GTX, but in all reality, the 9 series is WAY too similar to the 8 series IMO And not worth the increase in price.

I did pick up some Crucial Ballistix 2gigs. I've used them in the past and love them, they're great for overclocking. But I decided I'm going with a Corsair 4gig set instead. Same timings and speed, I just want to use 4 gigs since I'm going to start experimenting with VM's and servers( I'm working on my BA in Information Systems).

Here's what she's going to be-

XFX 780i mobo
Q6600
Corsair 4gigs (They look Dominator-esque)
8800GTS G92
2x 500gig Seagate drives
DD Water Box
DD Water cooling kit
X-FI Extreme Gamer
Antec 500W PSU. 80+ Neopower

I could have gone with a PSU that supplies more, but I don't really need it, and won't for quite sometime. Plus it's an Antec modular that's suppose to be ubber efficient.

I figure I can get the Q6600 to atleast 3.6ghz. I had an old B3 stepping in my last rig and got it to 3.1 or 3.2, I can't remember. That was on a crappy Thermaltake WC system that cooled just a bit better then the stock HS.

So yea, there's my rig. If anyone has any last minute things I should know or think about, let me know!

As you can see there's one hard drive in there right now, but I'm still thinking about picking up another one tomorrow, we'll see.

I'll post pics and whatnot as soon as I put her together. For the time being, here are some pics of what I have so far-

S7300199.jpg

S7300200.jpg

S7300198.jpg

S7300197.jpg

S7300195.jpg

S7300193.jpg

I like the case, simply because it's different. And I'm really excited to see what it turns out like! Good luck, and the Antic NeoHE power supplies ROCK! I have 2 for both my rigs.

I think the case is gonna look awsome when its full, why hide all those beautiful parts. You could go crazy with lighting with that thing, maybe use it as a lamp ;)

Acrylic cube cases aren't for everybody :)

I have a Sunbeam acrylic case sitting at home empty. They are totally cool looking at night with all the fans etc. lit up but a complete pain in the arse when it come to changing out components. You nearly have to take the whole case apart every time just to replace or add a drive etc. But if you are okay wiht that, I think your build is going to be awesome!!!

Looks like a nice case, just because it is different from what everyone else is doing. If your gonna do lighting it would look awesome with that case, but don't use powerful UV lights because it may melt that plexiglass or crack it if that case isn't UV protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom