Laptop Battery dont last

Status
Not open for further replies.

flgirl

In Runtime
Does anyone here know how long a laptop battery should really last???? I have just bought a Toshiba Satelite A75 226s P4, 3.06ghz, 512 ram, 60 gig hd, running windows xp home. I called Toshiba and they said the battery is running normal at only 60-80 minutes because of the processor speed, All I have been doing so far is my email and surfing a couple forums. I have Norton antivirus and security & spybot and make sure that everything is updated and checked regularily. So if anyone knows if this is really a normal amount of battery time please let me know. Oh (I have the power management set to long life.) and have been to blackviper and did all the tweaks he suggests. The computer is running great but the battery stinks.

yea, some laptops batterys last about 1hr. i think the more expensive laptops last about 2hrs. it of course depends on how hard your working your comp... iv never looked around, but if u need more batt life, im thinking u may beable to buy a more expensive after market battery to last longer.

Thanks for the input, the paperwork that came with my battery also says 2hrs but the most I've gotten out of it is 80 min so I'm not really happy. My old Compaq laptop with an amd athlon 1400 running all the same programs that battery last 2 1/2 hours, even watching a dvd which I would think would pull more power. I have been looking for another battery but so far it is the same battery no longer life unless I get an external battery Ncharge has one 5-10 hours I will have to do some more research on them first.

Thanks again guys for your input.

the rating on the battery is probably letting it sit there doing nothing on battery conservation mode. Its never realistic. You could up your battery to a performace one that will prolly give you 2 hours. If you want to keep you battery running great don't leave it plugged in while its fully charged and you are using it because the extra heat from using and charging it will affect the long term performace of the battery.

Lol my batter Last 1 month after I bought the Acer Lap-top .
It was working for about 45 min.

First I tought some virus took it away.
But no, the battery was there. And since then I can't recharge it.

So I think you are happy to surf forums and check your emails.

MicroBell said:
Yours (Assuming this is your model ...Satellite A75-S226) and this is the battery it came with (The system is equipped with a 12-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery) has been quoted and reviewed with a battery life of 2hrs on average...and some users are getting 3+ hours by activating long-life mode so basicly they are lieing to you.

Great find MB -- Once again, goes to show you that tech support even at OEMs like Toshiba isn't always up to snuff. Either that, they just don't wanna have to go through the hassle of shipping flgirl a replacement battery.

Flgirl, If i were in your shoes, I wouldn't spend one penny on a new batter. If this is a new laptop that you bought, the onus is on the manufacturer to supply you with a good battery that meets the standard specs. Take the ifnromation that MB gave you and use it as ammo against those 'tech support' guys if they give you the run around again. Firmly insist that they replace the battery and don't take no for an answer.

I own an IBM t20, so your lucky your battery lasts 60-80 mins, for that speed it does last quite bit longer than mine. Never buy a T20, the old ones batteryies only last for 30-40 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom