Water cooling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
OK, I installed my first water cooling set up and had a couple of question. First of all. I cant get the system to take as much water as needed. I have the flow going in this direction: pump-radiator-cpu block with a t connector inbetween for filling and draining-back to the pump. The t-line is at the highest point of the set up and when I add water it wont take it. I literally had to move the case in all directions to get it almost full. And also I still have a **** load of air bubbles( i guess from not being full). Seems to cool great and is pretty quite but Im just concerned about the filling. Any help is greatly appreciated.
PS. all parts where bought on petras seperately. I believe i have the d5 laing pump, d-tek universal block, and cant remember the rad but its a twin fan pump-reservoir

the air bubbles will bleed on their own into the extended part of the t-line... if you see large spaces of air then that means you don't have enough coolant in the loop

also, make your pump go directly to the intake of your waterblock (if your waterblock has a specified intake) and then the waterblock to your radiator then to your pump...

thus the cold air from the radiator will be sent to the pump which will then be pumped directly to the cpu

To bleed the loop hook the pump up to a power supply that is on outside the case

Turn it on and off to help slow down the flow.

If yop have the variable speed d5 turn it to 1 to bleed.

also, make your pump go directly to the intake of your waterblock (if your waterblock has a specified intake) and then the waterblock to your radiator then to your pump...

thus the cold air from the radiator will be sent to the pump which will then be pumped directly to the cpu

You are wrong there. The pump itself has a set amount of heat dump into the water it pushes so putting the radiator directly before the cpu block will give you the lowest temps.

thanks for the hlp you guys. Ill try those suggestions. Just didnt think it would be so hard to fill the system... It acts as though the system is full but i can see where its not... ill get it sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom