Windows Vista SP1 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osiris check this file.

C:\Ntoskrnl.exe

It seems that a few people have experienced this issue and it was because this file was corrupted. After removing the file or fixing the file the SP1 install went fine.

That's one file if found not to be foobarred by a virus it is required to see essential services started. That's file commonly seen all the way back to NT there.

I've seen a few sites where you can download files like that if you don't how manually expand them at a recovery prompt. Something like that is more of a minor annoyance rather then any "major complication"? ("oh no what do I do now?" :confused: ) for sure!

I used it to update one of the vista comps at work today took about 5min to install.

On most newer systems it shouldn't take too long since most of it is simply the time to see it unpack files and install the Net framework 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 included in it. Those were the largest of the updates when reviewing the update history afterwards at the MS update site.

WOW, it took nearly two and half hours to get it downloaded and installed!!! I'm using FIOS too, can you believe that? Unbelievable, come on Microsoft. But I finally got it successfully as it says Service Pack 1 in Computer Properties. There is a 3-stage installation process that's a pain in the ***. But everything is working great and I don't see a difference or feel a difference.

How are you connecting online? 14.4K or 28K dialup? The entire thing was downloaded first here to avoid any bog down of the MS servers from everbody waiting to jump in and get it.

You may want to consider downloading and saving the 434mb SP1 rather then spending all day seeing it take hours going on! For dial-up users that would be the way to go there.

I have the 15Mbps service with Verizon FIOS, so it should be fast. I was still able to browse around pretty good. Must have been heavy traffic on MIcrosoft's end. The hardware is good since the laptop is new with Vista preinstalled on it so I know there's no hardware issues. Software wise, I have nothing else added to it except what it came with. I keep it clean, yet installation still takes forever.

I think it must have been the other Windows Updates working at the same time with SP1....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom