installing OS fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
I have tried installing XP and 2000. Both give me blue screen errors after loading the CD's. Is there something wrong with my hard drive?

by blue screen errors i mean, after the cd loads, it immediatly cuts off and give me a blue screen that says something like, remove any newly installed hard drives, unaccessable hard drive, hard drive's data may be corrupted.

do you have anything like flash drives inserted?? i was having a similar problem not too long ago.. take out all items that are not needed upon boot... so pretty much just leave your keyboard in

Did it give a STOP error code? If so, you should let us know what that is, b/c it could give us a bigger idea of what the problem could be. the STOP error code should be at the bottom, and will be in this format: 0x000000## where '##' will either be numbers, letters, or both.

do you have anything like flash drives inserted?? i was having a similar problem not too long ago.. take out all items that are not needed upon boot... so pretty much just leave your keyboard in

yo nosboost, im gonna do that thing u n that other guy suggested me doing to format my HDD correctly or whatever, remember:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/cant-reinstall-os-error-showing-up-169494/

been busy playing SSBB, best freakin game for Wii! I'll do that CD thing tomorrow, k? Do u really think this will fix my problem? What if it doesnt?

i only have a monitor and a keyboard pluged in when trying to install the OS. right now i have class but when i get back ill look up that stop error.

I boot up with the windows 2000 cd in the drive after the cd loads everything it cuts off and give me this:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF6863848, 0x00000034, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

It also does the same with windows xp

The specs on the board. Is it a Sata Drive (your HD)? I'm getting the impression that you need to go into the bios and define the current HD as the primary Hard drive. I'm just guessing because, otherwise, it makes no sense unless you have a bad memory stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom